Marriage Encounter Fall 2016
November 11-13 while the rest of us were dashing about with our busy lives, eleven couples laid aside their regular routines to dedicate the weekend to enhancing their marriage relationship. In the beautiful setting of Mount Carmel Retreat Centre in Niagara Falls, they discovered renewed love and commitment and went home with restored and revitalized vision of living life together to the fullest.
What better way to let you know how they felt than by giving you their own words?
- The time here has given us hope
- The weekend reminds us to appreciate each other more, to celebrate our differences and to build on our ‘couple power’
- We look forward to using these tools
- The idea of daily dialogues really resonated with us and we look forward to practicing it
- This experience has helped take away some barriers in our communications so we can be closer
- The weekend was totally exhausting, but it was so worth it. We felt full again ready to take on the world. It was a difficult experience but the benefits were worth it.
- Good and tiring [emotions make me sleepy]
- We are excited to use the dialogue approach on a regular basis; it helped us break through several core issues
Perhaps the weekend can be summed up by Eliza and Shayne. “This experience has given us a valuable tool to help us love and communicate with each other. The strength exhibited by the presenting couples as they openly shared their stories is an inspiration and a testament to the value of this encounter. We are leaving this weekend in a better place than we’ve ever been. Thank you.”
If you’ve never tried a Marriage Encounter weekend, perhaps these testimonies will inspire you.